The Assistant Manager – Public Relations (Acura) plays a pivotal role in the success of the company's Sales and Marketing division, reporting to the Manager of Acura Public Relations. The Assistant Manager is responsible for cultivating positive sentiment regarding Acura's products and business competitiveness among various stakeholders, while enhancing the company's corporate reputation. In consultation with the Manager, the Assistant Manager works closely with executives and interdepartmental representatives to develop and implement strategic communications plans tied to product launches and sustainment. A successful Assistant Manager is a high-energy, strategic thinker with strong writing, media relations and presentation skills. This person will have an acute awareness of current events, as well as innovative marketing communications strategies and tactics. The Assistant Manager is an experienced project manager who organizes, assigns, delegates and coordinates the delivery of high-quality work products to ensure departmental objectives are achieved in a timely and accurate manner. The Assistant Manager works naturally in a team setting, demonstrating the highest professional and ethical standards, while upholding the company's core values.
• Media Relations: the Assistant Manager is responsible for media engagement and press fleet administration in the Western region of the United States
• Strategic Planning: the Assistant Manager develops and implements public relations plans that cultivate positive sentiment regarding Acura's products and business competitiveness, while enhancing the company's corporate reputation
• Project Management: the Assistant Manager organizes, assigns, delegates and coordinates the development of press materials including, but not limited to, press releases, messaging documents, FAQs, internal strategy briefs and presentations
• Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is required or equivalent work experience
• Five (5) or more years of public relations experience in an agency or corporate setting is required
• Automotive experience is a plus, but not required
• Knowledge and or experience with Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Media Relations, Research and Strategic Planning, Business Writing, and Event Management
• MS Office Suite proficiency, with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Familiarity with social media required
• Ability to leverage best in class PR tools is a strong plus
Reference Number: AHM0003CX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.