Title: Digital Communications Associate
Announcement Date: 03/15/17; opened until filled
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Echo Park
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives
The Digital Communications Associate oversees the day-to-day scheduling and posting of content on the Levitt Foundation's various social media channels and tracks and monitors results. The Digital Communications Associate also writes for the Levitt blog, produces and updates content for the Levitt AMP website, creates short multimedia videos, and designs graphics for eblasts and other collateral materials. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that provides daily support to the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives.
• Assist the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives in the execution of social media strategies to promote awareness of Levitt's mission, including daily updates to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.; write and develop engaging, daily content that leads to measurable results; create compelling graphics to accompany posts
• Develop and maintain an ongoing social media editorial calendar
• Track and measure social media metrics as well as Google Analytics for national Levitt websites to understand effectiveness of penetration and impact
• Track social media coverage of Levitt AMP concert sites and hashtag campaign activity
• Create monthly reports based on social media metrics and Google Analytics to draw insights from interactions and engagement
• Create and track Google ads through AdWords to help drive traffic to national Levitt websites
• Coordinate nationally‐focused social media campaigns with multiple stakeholders to support the national network of Levitt music venues and AMP sites and the national Levitt organization and its programs
• Create lively and engaging blog content on the Levitt Foundation blog reVerb, contributing to the blog at least once a week
• Create short multimedia videos to promote concert seasons, grantees, and national programs, initiatives, and campaigns
• Develop and maintain Wikipedia pages related to Levitt
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels and design and develop strategies accordingly
• Support the identification of relationships and collaborate with the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives to build relationships with influential audiences via social media
• Support the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives and Communications Manager in producing and updating Levitt AMP website content, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly to drive website traffic, as well as the main Levitt website
• Assist in the creative, including designing graphics, and written development of eblasts, e-newsletters, and collateral materials
• Ensure consistency across online content, including social media graphics, blog content and video assets
• Identify potential songs for promotional videos and contact artist management for usage permission
• Assist in training and overseeing Communications Intern(s)
• Assist in the execution of Levitt's overall Communications efforts
• Serve as a Levitt ambassador at events on occasional nights and weekends, including, but not limited to, benefits, concerts, conferences and donor cultivation events
•Perform other related duties, as assigned
• 1-3 years of professional experience in social media and/or digital communications
• Possess in-depth understanding and experience with various social media platforms
• Online content creation experience
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills for all types of social media platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good technical understanding with ability to learn and use new social media tools quickly
• Strong creative thinking skills as shown through approach to various social media platforms
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of basic graphic design principles with experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop in a Mac environment; experience in Illustrator, a plus
• Proficient in video editing software, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool
• High degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
• Experience and skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail
• Passion for and commitment to Levitt Foundation's mission
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
• Bachelor's degree required
•Valid driver's license and current insurance required
Levitt The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a national creative placemaking foundation that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We empower communities to transform underused outdoor spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life.
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through music through two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2017, more than 450 free Levitt concerts will be presented in 22 towns and cities across America, serving more than 600,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles and Pasadena, California; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis, Tennessee; and Arlington, Texas. Each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization (with the exception of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, which the Foundation currently oversees), and each presents 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing. Developing Levitt locations across the country include Denver (opening 2017), Dayton (opening 2018), Sioux Falls (opening 2019), and Houston (opening 2020), amongst other cities.
This year, 15 small to mid-sized towns and cities will present free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2017 locations include Greensboro, N.C.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space beginning this spring and continuing through the fall.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt's family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2017 GRAMMY nominees included 25 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
To learn more about the national Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, graphic design sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, including "Digital Communications Associate" in subject line.
Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and other benefits. EEO/AAW employer.