Director, International Marketing
Job ID: JLW20171102-68019
The College Board, a national educational organization with global reach, is conducting a search for a Director of International Marketing who will take our international marketing strategy to the next level in order to expand usage of the College Board's programs and services to K-12 and Higher Ed constituents outside the 50 United States and Washington DC.
This position is based out of our New York city headquarters office and reports to the Senior Director, International Planning and Outreach, International division.
The Director, International Marketing will collaborate with market managers and program owners to develop and execute on marketing plans and campaigns that strategically position College Board programs as globally relevant while taking into account local market factors that drive usage and adoption.
The role is highly collaborative with College Board Communications and Marketing business units, and the Director would serve as the glue that brings together Marketing and Communications stakeholders, program owners, and market managers to insure that all best-in-class ideas are incorporated into strategic planning and execution across all international markets.
The Director should have a successful track record in the promotion of education programs or similar services from marketing strategy development to plan/campaign creation to implementation, on time and budget, preferably with international schools, universities, or students. Candidate must be innovative, collaborative, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and cross-functionally; as well as responsive, flexible, and results-oriented.
The Director's primary role includes the following responsibilities:
• Leading the development and execution of data-informed, annual and seasonal marketing strategy and product promotion plans for international geographies with the close partnership of Market Managers, Program owners, and Communications & Marketing stakeholders,. This would include region and country-specific plans for key markets spanning different constituent groups (parents, tudents, K-12 educators and influencers, and Higher Education influencers).
• Marshalling cross-enterprise resources for the enhancement of the CB International digital presence; including CB international web and social media properties with close collaborative from Communications & Marketing.
• Leading development of international-facing program messaging that highlights unique program and service benefits to global constituents, aligns with the enterprise-level brand strategy and guidelines, and is deeply resonant with our international constituencies.
• Presenting findings and recommendations to various internal stakeholders, including but not limited to campaign performance, market research results, and market insights.
• Proactively identifying opportunities for new channel engagement, distribution partners, and other market presence, as needed.
• Designing effective, data-driven promotional campaigns based on a combination of market research, cross-enterprise stakeholder input, industry best practices, and market manager needs.
• Effectively project managing plans and initiatives, including international cross-functional dependencies, to ensure timely, optimized, and measurable outreach executions occur in support of overall unit strategy and goals.
• Collaborating with our Marketing and Communications teams, serving as a de facto team member.
• Planning and implementing promotion of educator professional learning events managed by the International unit.
• Reviewing expected and actual results from international promotion with stakeholders as needed, and in regular debriefings with the International team. Keeping abreast of international education and competitive trends; proactively communicate these trends to the unit and make recommendations as appropriate for new outreach approaches.
• BA/BS degree required: marketing, education policy or related area, or relevant business degrees preferred.
• At least 5+ years of related, progressively responsible experience in marketing, relevant consulting or other professional services experience is desirable; international education marketing is highly preferred
• Demonstrated experience working on the creation, development, implementation and measurement of promotional campaigns
• Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to visually represent campaign elements and timelines for international stakeholders with a wide range of backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural, problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Facility to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives, including international and intercultural viewpoints
• Customer experience orientation
• Ability to apply an analytical, data-driven approach to decision-making
• Proven collaboration skills and ability to thrive as a part of a team
• Deep sense of urgency and driven towards achieving results
• High energy level and enthusiasm
• Project management experience
• Willingness to travel, as necessary (maximum 10%)
• Foreign language fluency helpful, but not essential
College Board Benefits
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board's in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Marketing
Highest Level of Education Master's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/q4pynqv55m