This job is no longer available.
Take a look at this related offers:
ENNEAD ARCHITECTS ((...)), an internationally-recognized architecture firm based in New York City with an office in Shanghai, is looking for a creative thinker to manage its public relations platform and serve as the primary point of contact for all press and media relations. Designed to express the progressive missions of their institutions and ensure their sustainable futures, Ennead's award-winning buildings are acclaimed for their formal and affective power, technical virtuosity, contributions to the cultural life of their communities and the enhancement of their physical contexts.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail. Candidate must be an excellent communicator and an effective collaborator within an interdisciplinary environment, looking to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with architecture and design including cultural, educational, scientific and governmental institutions is preferred.
• Publicizing Ennead Architects—the firm as a collective and its individual leaders, its projects, the innovative big ideas behind the work, and Ennead Lab
• Maintain media lists and develop/maintain strong relationships with media and journalists
• Facilitate meetings between journalists/editors and firm leaders
• Create annual PR plan to outline anticipated activities for the year ahead to align with the firm's strategic priorities
• Maintain PR calendar as part of a larger Marketing Calendar to be used as a tracking tool, establishing deadlines for outreach and tracking external opportunities
• Coordinate project-specific PR activities with client representatives
• Attend project-related events as appropriate to maximize targeted press outreach: (...) groundbreakings, openings etc.
• Manage the creation of public relations content
• Develop electronic press kits for individual projects, including narratives, credits lists, and images in collaboration with project team leaders to engage various outlets and journalists
• Write, format and distribute press releases
• Coordinate office tours/visits from student groups, journalists
• Manage twitter account and be an active voice in social media dialogue
• Work in close collaboration with internal communications staff
• Coordinate with external PR advisory firms as necessary
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or Art History
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a communications or public relations role
• Background in and love of architecture and design including visual sensibilities related to presenting architectural projects
• Outgoing personality with strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills
• Strategic thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to develop strategic messaging and appropriate channels of delivery
• Exceptionally detail-oriented
• Excellent time management skills
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of HTML, Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to ((...)). Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under "downloads" on the http://(...) page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status ((...) H-1B visa status).
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual's ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal (...)