The Account Supervisor position is responsible for managing national media relations and consumer engagement for its growing roster of consumer brands, including natural food and beverage clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises work of account staff to ensure quality and results.
o Identifies priorities and assigns projects and tasks.
o Shares context, delegates and provides feedback to set up the team for success.
o Facilitates knowledge transfer to junior account team members as needed to share relevant information about clients and deliverables.
• Manages quality work product.
• Mentors junior staff, coaching and inspiring them to do great work.
• Ensures the team is focused on the right tasks and outcomes.
• Maintains a professional work environment that encourages direct and productive conflict management, is intolerant of gossip and is encouraging of others.
• Manages the team's accurate and results-oriented work product.
• Helps prioritize workload if a team member is overwhelmed.
• Leverages expertise of the team.
• Jumps in and helps at all level of tasks.
• Manages client deliverables according to scopes of work, taking responsibility for exceeding expectations and looking for new opportunities that help our clients achieve their objectives.
• Contributes to strategic direction of client work.
• Develops messaging and builds out components of plans.
• Leads client profitability.
o Tracks and manages client budgets.
o Collaborates with leadership team members in identifying and resolving potential budget concerns as well as bringing fresh ideas to clients - even those outside the scope of work.
• Develops and ensures client receptivity to scopes of work.
• Spots and forwards trend information to clients, providing context for how it relates to our work.
• Ensures client objectives are top-of-mind within the team, deadlines are met and projects are executed within budget.
• Reinforces clients' key messages in deliverables.
• Advocates for team needs while meeting client expectations.
• Acts as a Maxwell ambassador in the community via involvement on industry committees, boards and pro bono work.
• Regularly contributes content to the agency's blog and newsletter.
• Develops relationships and engages with media and influencers via social media.
• Participates in professional development and community involvement opportunities.
• Takes on a major role in develop annual plans for clients.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrates high emotional intelligence in terms of client and team needs.
As an Account Supervisor, you are adept at managing and tracking media relations, influencer marketing, social content and consumer engagement − honing your craft every day. You can perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employees or others. We'll make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, digital media or related field and a minimum of five years of agency experience preferred. National consumer media relations experience preferred.
Ability to multitask within our collaborative team structure and open work environment with varied noise and distractions levels.