This job is no longer available.
PR Account Executive Job Description
The Account Executive position is responsible for implementing day-to-day PR and consumer engagement programs for consumer brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts media relations influencer marketing programs to generate coverage about the agency's clients.
• Spots and capitalizes on media and influencer opportunities.
• Manages day-to-day account programs and anticipates client needs.
• Creates reports and activity recaps.
• Researches and develops story angles.
• Contributes to clients' social media marketing initiatives.
• Responds to client requests in a timely manner.
• Reports activities, accomplishments and results.
• Executes projects within timelines and budgets.
• Writes original, creative media materials.
• Crafts effective media pitches and generates media coverage that meets client objectives.
• Develops accomplishment-oriented monthly recaps and project reports.
• Identifies and develops relationships with influencers.
• Engages with media and influencers via social media.
• Responds positively to client and team requests. Clearly communicates with teammates and clients.
• Looks for opportunities for Account Coordinators to learn new skills.
• Jumps in and helps at all level of tasks.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including writing, research and persuasion skills required in working with account coordinators, senior account executives, account supervisors and account directors.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Regularly contributes content to the agency's blog and newsletter.
• Participates in local professional development opportunities, (...) PRSA and AMA meetings.
• Is open to and responds positively to feedback.
• Delivers work prior to or on deadline.
• Leverages expertise of the team.
• Displays the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully takes direction from manager.
You are extremely skilled at building and cultivating relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You keep current on emerging trends with a lens on how it impacts your clients' business, and work with your teams to execute programs that deliver results. You have an ability to multitask within our collaborative team structure and open work environment.
As an account executive, you perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employees or others. We'll make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; degree in journalism, PR or communication or related field. One to two years related PR and social media for consumer brands experience and/or training (PR agency experience preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and three PR work samples. No phone calls, (...)