This job is no longer available.
We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Writer to join our Public Affairs & Communications Team.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Writer will distill complex situations and ideas into simple, powerful arguments by displaying excellent writing skills and strong media savvy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with internal and external constituencies to effectively convey the two-fold mission of Success Academy by writing a variety of compelling, persuasive written communications;
- Collaborating with myriad central office teams to draft communications including but not limited to speeches, emergency parent communications, op eds, press releases, and position papers;
- Continuously updating knowledge base on our school design and philosophy, as well as the political and educational landscape in New York City, for incorporation into written communications; and
- Editing and re-packaging content for media outlets, tailored to specific audiences.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- Proven copywriting skills across of range of styles, from conceptual to journalistic;
- Passion for education reform and a sense for what makes a great story;
- Strong writing and editing abilities to develop clear, well-structured, articulate, and persuasive communications;
- Dedication to excellence and continuous improvement, while avoiding the pitfalls of perfectionism;
- Desire to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized; and
- A growth mindset.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional (...)