This job is no longer available.
The Public Awareness Office of the American Library Association seeks a full-time Public Awareness Campaign Coordinator to coordinate the Libraries Transform campaign, along with a variety of projects aimed at raising public awareness of the transformative role libraries play in their communities.
The Public Awareness Campaign Coordinator has three primary focuses:
1. Coordinate the Libraries Transform campaign, which is designed to increase the public awareness of the value, impact and services provided by libraries and library professionals. This includes development of related publicity, collateral, and events. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines is critical.
2. Coordinate partnership projects geared toward promoting libraries and librarians such as the I Love My Librarian Award, National Library Week, and Library Card Sign-up Month. We need an organized, creative person who can serve as the lead developing communications plans, writing materials, and coordinating and executing events.
3. Work closely with ALA members serving as liaison to various PAO committees, following up on requests, and coordinating marketing and PR projects, which requires strong customer service orientation, proofreading expertise, and social media skills.
This position requires travel to the ALA Midwinter Meeting, Annual Conference and the I Love My Librarian Award ceremony.
This full-time position is based in our Chicago headquarters, and reports to the Director of the Public Awareness Office. The successful candidate will work well with ALA leadership, staff, and members, in addition to vendors.
Starting salary range is negotiable from 40K; based on relevant experience and qualifications. ALA has an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, generous paid vacation and a retirement annuity.
Apply online at http://(...) including cover letter and resume
(additional documents are uploaded on the same screen as the resume)
Send a cover letter and resume to:
American Library Association
Human Resources Department
50 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
The American Library Association is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
• Minimum of 3 *years similar work experience, preferably with an association.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Proficiency using various social media platforms, MS Word and Excel a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• Must work independently as well as being a team player and remain calm under (...)